Aphantasia research is taking place at the following institutions globally (that we’re aware of):
- University of Exeter, UK, led by Dr. Adam Zeman and the Eye’s Mind Lab
- UNSW and Future Minds Lab, Sydney Australia led by cognitive scientist Prof Joel Pearson
- University of Westminster, UK
- Icelandic Vision Lab, Iceland
- The University of Sussex and The Imagery Lab, England
- Rotman Research Institute, Canada, The Levine Lab led by Dr. Brian Levine
Are we missing your institution or lab? Let us know in the comments below 👇
Are you a researcher or scientist currently studying aphantasia, hyperphantasia, or imagination science? You might be interested to know we’re working on a new sensory imagination assessment for quantifying mental imagery across senses, Imagination Spectrum. We also host an annual Extreme Imagination conference to highlight new research/discoveries in this field. We’re now accepting submissions.
Looking to recruit participants for your next research study? Email [email protected] and we’ll be in touch to learn more about your imagination research and how we might be able to help!