Aphantasia research is taking place at the following institutions globally (that we’re aware of):
- University of Exeter, Exeter, UK, led by Professor Adam Zeman and the Eye’s Mind Team
- UNSW Sydney and Future Minds Lab, Sydney Australia led by cognitive scientist Dr. Joel Pearson
- University of Westminster, UK
- Icelandic Vision Lab, Iceland
- The University of Sussex and The Imagery Lab, England
Anything missing? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll make sure to add it to this evolving list.
Are you a researcher or scientist currently studying aphantasia, hyperphantasia, or extreme imagination – get in touch! We’d love to learn more about your work and how we can help.