Where is aphantasia research happening?
Aphantasia research is taking place at the following institutions globally (that we’re aware of):
- University of Exeter, Exeter, UK, led by Professor Adam Zeman and the Eye’s Mind Team
- UNSW Sydney and Future Minds Lab, Sydney Australia led by cognitive scientist Dr. Joel Pearson
- University of Westminster, UK
- Icelandic Vision Lab, Iceland
- The University of Sussex and The Imagery Lab, England
Anything missing? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll make sure to add it to this evolving list.
Are you a researcher or scientist currently studying aphantasia, hyperphantasia, or extreme imagination – get in touch! We’d love to learn more about your work and how we can help.
I am a PhD student at Yale, studying visual perceptioin and cognition. I also have aphantaisia and I’m hoping to begin doing reserach on it. I’m currenlty trying to build a subject pool, so anyone interested in being contacted can email me at [email protected]
I am currently doing a research project at the University of Exeter looking at the relationship between extremes of visual imagery and autism.
There is a link to the survey in a separate discussion post.
can you share the link here so others dont have have to search for the link you mentioned?
Of course! Here it is:
The survey title is ‘Extremes of visual imagery vividnes in people with high levels of autistic traits’.