Aphantasia Network is a place to discover and learn about aphantasia. We’re building a bridge between new scientific discoveries and the unique human experience, to uncover new insight into how we think, create, and dream with blind imagination. Our mission is to realize the potential of the ~3% worldwide by creating a space for sharing stories, exploring the science behind human imagination, and discovering practical strategies for improving life and work for people living with aphantasia.
Social Media Coordinator
- Design social media posts for Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin following unique brand guidelines
- Schedule automation of posts and support the weekly management, monitoring, tracking and execution across all platforms
- Research social media best practices to help optimize organic reach
- Support the development of social media strategies and campaigns based on insights-driven by highly-engaged post types
- Attend weekly calls with team members to plan and produce unique content
- Review and amend content created in response to feedback
How to apply
Since the coining of “aphantasia” “hyperphantasia,” research interest into “the extremes” has grown considerably. Dr. Zeman's scientific paper “Congenital Aphantasia” now ranks within the top 5% of all research interests on Altmetric.Our mission at the Aphantasia Network is to seed public interest, share new discoveries, and assemble science-backed strategies to better understand and exercise our imagination, regardless of where we might fall on the Imagination Spectrum.
As a science journalist, it will be your aim to transcribe dense, detailed, jargon-laden information into compelling, comprehensible articles without diminishing the accuracy of data. To help humanize scientific discoveries by weaving it with real-life stories and the experiences of people who live with aphantasia and hyperphantasia. To reflect the values of the Aphantasia Network in helping shape the public dialogue, spotlight promising discoveries, and develop the thought leadership of the Network.
- Reading and researching literature and media, e.g. scientific papers, journals, news articles, and internet resources that examine mental imagery, aphantasia or hyperphantasia
- Critically assess the available information on the topic and provide objective analysis of findings, possible limitations within studies, and gaps in our current understanding
- Sourcing stories on the unique human experience and conducting interviews with aphantasics and hyperphantasics whose stories compliment scientific findings
- Attending conference calls with team members to plan and produce unique content
- Producing articles for publishing on aphantasia.com according to the agreed-upon style
- Reviewing and amending work in response to editor feedback