Aphantasia Network is on a mission to shape a new, global conversation. We’re creating a place to discover and learn about aphantasia, and build a bridge between new scientific discoveries and our unique human experience — to uncover new insight into how we think, create, and dream with blind imagination.
- HTML, CSS, and JS - (because it’s a web developer position after all)
- Strong understanding of WordPress (Core, custom theming and plugins)
- General PHP, MySQL and responsive techniques
- Experience in Git, Gulp and SCSS
- Conducting website performance tests
- Troubleshooting content issues
How to apply
Since the coining of “aphantasia” “hyperphantasia,” research interest into “the extremes” has grown considerably. Dr. Zeman's scientific paper “Congenital Aphantasia” now ranks within the top 5% of all research interests on Altmetric.Our mission at the Aphantasia Network is to seed public interest, share new discoveries, and assemble science-backed strategies to better understand and exercise our imagination, regardless of where we might fall on the Imagination Spectrum.
As a science journalist, it will be your aim to transcribe dense, detailed, jargon-laden information into compelling, comprehensible articles without diminishing the accuracy of data. To help humanize scientific discoveries by weaving it with real-life stories and the experiences of people who live with aphantasia and hyperphantasia. To reflect the values of the Aphantasia Network in helping shape the public dialogue, spotlight promising discoveries, and develop the thought leadership of the Network.
- Reading and researching literature and media, e.g. scientific papers, journals, news articles, and internet resources that examine mental imagery, aphantasia or hyperphantasia
- Critically assess the available information on the topic and provide objective analysis of findings, possible limitations within studies, and gaps in our current understanding
- Sourcing stories on the unique human experience and conducting interviews with aphantasics and hyperphantasics whose stories compliment scientific findings
- Attending conference calls with team members to plan and produce unique content
- Producing articles for publishing on aphantasia.com according to the agreed-upon style
- Reviewing and amending work in response to editor feedback
How to apply
Aphantasia Network LTD. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity (and neurodiversity!) and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all volunteers and employees.